Friday, September 23, 2011

Ahhh....Our New Spa!


This Fall....and winter... I felt the need! But not for speed. In fact, quite the opposite. I felt the need for spa...aaaah! So we began searching craigslist for used hot tubs and finally found this one that was still in really good shape and at a really good bargain. So while the kiddos and I were away in New Hampshire, my husband went to pick up our 'new for us' hot tub, built a platform, and had it ready to install by the time we got back home....



Then came the base for the platform to sit on....and strong enough to handle 3000 lbs. or 5000 lbs. or whatever it is....it's heavy!




Next came the very easy part....putting down the plastic flooring panels. Don't they look nifty? I like simple and easy....



This was the tricky part....actually getting the thing off the trailer. Andrew jacked up the trailer with the farm jacks to where it was even with the platform. Then we rolled the jacuzzi onto some long sturdy metal tubes and moved it into place....




Done! And in its new home...ready and waiting to be all hooked up and heated up and doing its jacuzzi spa thang....that it does so well!


And boy, does it do it well! YAY! As many of you have guessed already, I'm very much an outdoorsy kinda gal. However, I'm also very much a pamper me and let's do this thing right, relaxed, and resort-like outdoorsy kinda gal. This being the case, I've really enjoyed decking out our deck....and its new ambiance has been so inviting and wonderful! We've been using it like it's never been used before! It's great eating and relaxing and entertaining outdoors....enjoying the nice end-of-summer weather and soaking in the scenery. However, as I've been mulling it over....I knew that something was still missing. I soon decided that our lovely little deck really needed a jacuzzi spa at the end of it. And ooooh! I was soooooo right! : D

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb, I had my tea while combing your blog, it was soooo relaxing!! Great job! Love ya, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there to have some tea with ya! : D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin