Friday, February 24, 2012

More Rails and Pony Stories


I mentioned a few weeks ago that we've started a rustic fence project on our property. My husband has been milling out the rails with his chainsaw mill as we're getting our nice big posts from our neighbor's Farm just down the road from us. Harlow cuts down the trees, saws the posts to 8 ft. lengths, and hauls them out of his woods with the draft horses.  We were able to pick up another load of posts recently and Andrew has now completed these two rows of rails on the second section out in front along the road.


We also now have the first row finished on the 60 ft. round pen in back. Rows 2 and 3 are yet to come. My daughters have begun riding the horses in this pen and it's working great in bringing Babycakes along. I must confess, however, that at one point I mentioned that Baby could probably go under this top railing although everyone else was quite sure that she would never attempt such a thing. Guess what....the pony proved my prediction right again! Heather was riding her around when suddenly Baby took a nose dive straight under the rail....brushing Heather unceremoniously right off her back in the process. 



I do wish that for once Babycakes would prove my naughty premonitions about her wrong, but so far she proves me right every time. Never say 'never' when it comes to naughty ponies! ; D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin