Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Tea



The day before my daughter's birthday, we began the celebration by having neighbors over for a Sunday afternoon tea. I've always loved the genteel sound of a 'Sunday afternoon tea'....so why don't we just do this more often? As they say in England....I've introduced the practice of afternoon tea....something I don't mind practicing at all!




This plate stand I landed at a thrift store recently....and it happened to be the exact pattern of my rose china. Perfect. And yes, we were feeling quite rosy this afternoon....despite all the blustering outdoors.





Each of the four tea cups above were chosen by my daughters at a flea market in Orono this summer. They love having their own special design. Please note the rose depression glass bowl, too. More on that below....




The cracker plate is a rose depression glass that I just re-discovered in the bottom of a box I hadn't unpacked since we moved up from Texas. I actually found all sorts of treasures in that lone box...that I'll be figuring out ways to use and display....



....and that would be emphasis on the play! 
I must admit, all gentility aside, we donned the swimsuits and jumped into the hot tub afterward. 
Now that's a tea party! : D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin