Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ornaments and Other Things



The Holdiays are upon us! Upon me! And I'm still thinking it's only the end of October....it actually still looks like October outside. I haven't posted much lately because we've been busy, busy preparing for winter before snow really starts flying. Is anyone ever really prepared before snow flies?? So what's been going on lately? We've been putting in new fences, a round pen, adding onto the stable, spiffing up the stalls, repairing a bunch of stuff, hauling off a bunch of stuff (junk!), and I've taken on a new booth space at a local antiques shop in Corinna. I'm really pumped to have this new project....more about all that coming up soon.

But we're almost done with the chores. We're also about to take on a another horse (named Josh ....23 yr old quiet, docile quarter horse) that we'll free lease until mid-summer. He's to be brought over on Monday. The kiddos are beyond excited over this new development....me, too! Me, too! Another topic I'll have to go into more about later. After Josh the horse is here and settled in....and he and Babycakes have their discussions.... I can finally relax and enjoy this wonderful Holiday Season.....it is my favorite time of the year, after all. Christmas in Maine is something I always revere....and this Texas girl should never, ever, ever....e-ver ...take for granted. So I won't.




That being the case, I thought I'd share some homemade, and borrowed-from-nature ornaments the children have made or collected....oranges with cloves (and a huge pink ribbon, of course!)....beeswax molds hung with twine (very simple)....and nests gathered from backyard bushes (recognize our pony's hair?).





The sweet little bird ornaments are some my mom passed along to us. I love their tiny pine cone wings and big black eyes. I also found a heavenly fir scented candle this season that I've been burning non-stop. Can't have enough of that woodsy scent! For more images and inspiration, check out my Holidays board on Pinterest....and yes, I'm pathetically addicted to Pinterest....along with the half a million other people. Hope y'all have flatly refused to do what I've been doing....put aside that frantic to-do list....and are actually enjoying, imbibing, and reveling in a relaxing....gorgeous Holiday Season! : D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin