Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cinnamon Says 'Cheese'

 

Meet Cinnamon, our 'orphan' duck. I haven't gotten much on the duck, so decided it was his turn in front of the camera. Say 'cheeeeeese' Mr. Duck! My friend, Heather, tried hatching out some duck eggs earlier this Spring and only 2 of them hatched. Then one of those little chicks died, so all she had left was one li'l lonesome duckling. She asked me if  I might want to take the lone duck for the kiddos (she has a whole passel of large ducks)....and naturally, how could I refuse? The kiddos have adored this duck. From the time it was teeny, it has followed after them as fast as it can waddle....and used to go for long swims in the bath tub (and yes, it's outdoors with its own swimming pool now).

Since we weren't sure if this was a 'he' or a 'she' duck, we've called it Cinnamon....or 'Cimmanon'....as I hear it on many an occasion. ; ) Secretly I was hoping 'he' would be a 'she' so I could have lots of nice big duck eggs. Alas, a drake it is....with his deep quack and beautiful dark green feathered head. At least he's a handsome duck. And provides lots of entertainment. Perhaps we can find him a duck wife and eventually have a little duck family waddling about....and chances are I might even get some duck eggs, too! : D








1 comment:

  1. What a jolly, handsome new friend!! But I guess he's not so new to you! It's Sun. pm & I'm finally searching out your blogs. Gee, I didn't know a duck would mature & show his color so quickly And he thinks you're all ducks like him----or that he's human like you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin