Friday, July 22, 2011

Camo the Coops

photo


I've been searching for ways to Camo the Coops, so to speak. Translated that means keeping the chickens and bunnies beautiful. Beautifully kept coops and runs....and maybe no one will ever know it's actually a little umm....less than pristine??....in there. I know...major understatement. The image above I found doing a search for 'flowers around chicken coop'....this suffices, I'd say.

Another beauty here.Found @  Homestead Revival. Click on her blog link to find more nice ideas.



This isn't exactly a chicken run but it could be in my mind...just substitute the picket fence for posts and chicken wire. The flower border would dress anything up! Image is from Ash Lawn Highland Found @ Chiot's Run a chronicle of an organic garden.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Martha's Pets- Martha Stewart Pets

Then of course there's Martha Stewart's Palais de Poulet. She came up with that phrase, not me. I could never hope to out-clever, out-create Martha....as much as I may try! Or not. But I'll steal her ideas for sure! 

Roses over the chicken coop....luv it! And she says, 'The cutting garden adjoins the coops; all weeds are fed to the birds, as are all grass cuttings.' Precisely what I'm thinkin'.

Flower Power Chicken Coop Button by brian74glass
Flower Power Chicken Coop products are eggselent!

And oh my!....I want this pin! These people have got the idea....Eggsactly!! : D






2 comments:

  1. Decided to indulge myself this evening by visiting your delightful blog. The photos are wonderful. They create in me a longing to be in your romantic corner of the world. You have a wonderful gift with words and photos. I miss you all! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I agree, this is my version of paradise...especially in the height of Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin