Thursday, April 26, 2012

WTW Thursday :: Cafe Skirt

 .
Welcome to WTW (What They Wore) Thursday! Today, since Spring is very much in the air, I'd love to share with you a great little skirt idea that my mom actually put together for my daughters. I'm calling this gauzy ruffled delight of a skirt (above) a 'cafe skirt' with good reason. Not only is it cute in a spring garden...or in a quaint cafe...but it was the perfect compliment to the matching sweater and hat set I knitted (which, by the way, I'll be highlighting that set with patterns soon!) that was just begging for something sweet and ruffled below! But the sweetest part of this little skirt is truly going to blow your mind....because once you hear how easy this is....you're gonna say....


 "Oh my goodness gracious! No way is that darling little skirt made from a cafe curtain! 
Really?? 
How simple is that! 
That sweet little simple, simple skirt just got a whole lot sweeter!" 


That's right, these were some gauzy white cafe curtains that my mom just ran some elastic around the top where the rod would go through and then sewed the ends together. Pretty cool, huh. And that's the reason I'm calling it the cafe skirt...just think of the possibilities! : D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin