Thursday, June 16, 2011

Decked Out for Spring


This is my front stoop....all dressed up for Spring....almost Summer. C'mon Summer! Time to stop the stalling!




Many of you have never seen our St. Albans house. It really is a cute little house....and looks so fresh and sunny in the Spring time. So I decided to give you a tour...



Once you step into the teeny entry...that also passes as the 'muck room'....you see the main floor of the house. It's an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and a balcony/loft that encompasses the left (or south) side of the upstairs. The upstairs is where the children are...and is usually in some low, medium, high state of disaster....so I'm sticking with the downstairs....



Glancing back you can see the teeny entry. We're now facing the kitchen....my personal favorite room of this whole house....take a look at my kitchen at dusk. Despite its size, this has been a nice kitchen...



These East facing windows are THE best....even if it does make it a tad warm in the summer. In winter, though, they're heavenly! Any time they're heavenly! I am an unapologetic window freak....



And flowers over the kitchen sink....until I can get some planted in the window box outside. I also like to grow some herbs in that window box. Very handy!



Now out of the kitchen, back into the dining area....and my bedroom is to the left. It's tiny as well but does have it's own charm....including a sewing nook. I did manage to get that window box planted already. It's a must...more on my window box...



And that's my window box...see why it's a must? : D Now turning around, we're back in the living room...





And this is a shot looking down from the stairs....




Next we can take a quick peek into the downstairs bath...that also houses the washer/dryer and small fridge. This is where I used to have a changing table...but my baby just turned 7. So much for the changing table. Anyone need a really large changing table...or have any babies you'd like to give away? Just checkin'. Oh, and we also raised baby chicks under that changing table...betcha never thought of that before! Worked great, I must say. The 'art' work is mine....I'm being generous with the word 'art' here. But I do still LURV that red frame....found it the first year we moved up here to Maine!



OK, so now I'm headed for the screen door there leading onto the deck. The deck is the best part....besides the kitchen. And yeah, we do have a really nice view up here, too....just like we did over on our land. Guess I'm just always meant to have a view....which also means I'm meant to have 90 mph winds. The two just sort seem to go together.


Quick glance over the shoulder....looking back into the kitchen....




The lilliputian table and chair set is where my lilliputian children sit...and lilliputian friends when they come to visit. Now out to the deck....

That's the start of my container garden. We have our cute li'l St. Albans house up for sale now, so I have no idea if we'll be around all summer long....hence my container garden. Believe it or not, I have 2 tomato plants going, cukes, and several herbs. Of course I need more flowers....lots more flowers...but I suppose since I can't actually eat those flowers I should plant some more veggie type things, too.

So that's about it. For those of you who know Babycakes, that's her pasture just beyond the deck there. She gallops and frolics, and begs for treats....in usual Babycakes fashion. Hope you enjoyed the tour! : D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin